OFFICE ASSISTANT II
* SPANISH BILINGUAL
Hourly Salary: $14.91 – $19.98 with Benefit Package
*Bilingual pay differential $1.00
Filing Deadline: Friday, May 26, 2017 by 4:00 P.M
Under general supervision, provides information-related services to transit customers, performs secretarial duties and office support for the Administrative Staff.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following: answer telephone and assist caller with information or referral. Provide customers with transit information such as services, routes, schedules, fares, and rules/regulations. Determine best possible route and schedule for customers upon request. Compute and quote rates for trips using rate table. Answer inquiries and provide information to walk-in customers. Furnish patrons with transit literature. Maintain cash box to sell fare merchandise. Collect money, make change and issue receipts. Perform a variety of routine administrative support. Prepare written materials and documents from rough draft. Input data to maintain and update records using computer. Obtain and organize data for various projects.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
Operate standard office machines such as computer, printer, copier, fax, etc. Maintain files, logs, and records. Perform related duties as assigned.
ABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Customer service and public relations techniques.
- Basic computer operations and various software applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- General office practices.
- Handle all internal and external contacts with courtesy, diplomacy, and tact.
- Explain information to others.
- Use multi-line phone system and telephone etiquette.
- Work well with others.
- Word process at 40 wpm.
- Calculate basic math.
- Understand and follow oral and written instruction.
- Correct English, usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Class C California Driver’s License issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles
Supplemental Job Duties
Reports to: Marketing and Planning Manager
In addition to the main essential job functions, this position of Office Assistant II will provide administrative support to the Marketing and Planning Manager. On occasion the Office Assistant II may assist with public transit planning and marketing programs, to identify and quantify potential transit needs; to plan for the provision of transit services in keeping with customer needs and agency resources; to enter and maintain information in the agency’s data base and produce necessary reports; to assist in development and implementation of marketing and public relations program.
TYPICAL ADDITIONAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Provide technical assistance on planning projects and surveys
- Compile, edit and enter data from surveys, reports and ridership reports
- Prepare written materials and documents from rough draft
- Assist in development and implementation of a Marketing Plan
- Managing social media promotions of transit services
- Assist with production and placement of ads, press releases and public notices
- Assist in production and distribution of public bus timetables and transit literature
- Assist with promotional events and promotional materials
- Assist with public outreach presentations
- Manage website data
- Provide customers with bus route and schedule information by phone or in person
- Determine best possible route and schedule for customers upon request.
- Answer inquiries; provide information and sell fare media to walk-in customers.
- Assist with front office phone coverage on a daily basis
- Perform a variety of routine administrative support.
- Maintain files
- Participate as required in meetings
- May require ability to work in different work environments outside of office and varying work scheduled as needed
- Other duties as required
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Six months of public contact work experience. One year experience performing responsible clerical, administrative or office support work.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION *
There is an optional bilingual pay differential of $1.00 per hour.
If the candidate has the ability to speak, read, and write Spanish in addition to English they must take and pass a bilingual examination (written and oral components) prior to interview.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURES
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure delivery of the completed application to the El Dorado County Transit Authority office: 6565 Commerce Way, Diamond Springs, CA 95619, (530) 642-5383. El Dorado County Transit Authority applications must be used. Resumes may be attached but may not be substituted for any portion of the application. All completed applications will be reviewed and the most suitable, qualified applicants, based on the information provided on their application, will be invited to participate further in the examination process. Depending on the number of qualified candidates the examination process may include application screening and/or oral interview.
EL DORADO COUNTY TRANSIT AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WE ARE PROUD TO BE A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE